Interesting Facts About Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Mrs. Haddix has worked as a newspaper copy editor, a newspaper reporter, a community college instructor, and as a freelance
- Mrs. Haddix is married to a newspaper editor.
- Mrs. Haddix grew up on a farm in Ohio
and she hated busy work in school.
- It took Mrs. Haddix four year to completely finish her first book, Running out
of Time, but she was not writing full time.
- Mrs. Haddix got her idea for Running out of Time when she visited Conner
Prairie, a restored historical village.
- Mrs. Haddix’s father was a wonderful storyteller and this helped to develop her love of writing stories.
- Many of Haddix’s books have been named ALA Best Books for Young Adults and/or Quick Pick for Reluctant Young
Haddix received an Honorable mention for a short story she wrote for a Seventeen magazine contest in 1983.